The Activator poles, from Urban Poling Inc., are revolutionizing mobility and rehabilitation for individuals with chronic conditions and those recovering from injuries as well as older adults who require more stability and balance when walking.
The Activator poles and Activator walking technique ensure the highest levels for safety, comfort and performance. You can feel confident using the Activator poles and technique because they were designed by a Canadian occupational therapist with input from a team of physiotherapists, occupational therapists and kinesiologists.
The Activators are telescoping poles made of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, have a button-lock system, ergonomic strapless grips, bell shaped tips to provides greater stability, and offer greater weight bearing support than the traditional Nordic walking poles. The Activator poles come with a user guide.
The Activator poles maybe right for you if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pre/post hip or knee surgery
- Work related injuries
- Osteoarthritis, osteoporosis
- Breast cancer rehab
- Less active older adults
- Mild Parkinson’s, MS
- Mild stroke
- Cardiac rehab
- Gait retraining
- Return to work programs
- Group exercise programs
Benefits from Walking with the Activator:
- Effective gait retraining tool for the purpose of rehabilitation
- Exercises the upper body as well as the legs
- Improves posture
- Reduces stress on hips and knee joints
- Increases stability and balance
- Increases cardiovascular and calories expenditure compared to regular walking
- Eases hill climbing and allows user to walk for longer distances with greater speed
- 1 pair (2 poles) of telescoping poles
- 1 pair bell tips
- 1 travel clip to hold poles together
- Carbide Metal Tip
- Premium Button Lock
- User Guide
- Can be adjusted for individuals approximately between 117cm (3'10") to 183cm (6') in height
- Can collapse to 74cm (29")
Read, "Exercises for the Elderly, Live Life for the First Time" by our expert, and learn about how exercise helps the elderly and the different types of excerises.
Thank you for these poles. They are easy to use, lightweight.
I purchased these to prevent the strain of the straps on my wrists from my other trekking poles. I have used them on sidewalks with the tips provided and with the snow baskets for snowshoeing. They are comfortable and adjustable. I highly recommend them
I feel well supported by these poles, thanks to their sturdy yet lightweight design, unique hand grip shape & support, firm hard rubber non-slip feet and adjustable grip height, as well as a pleasing look. They are helping me return to walking with a right leg injured by a cancer-produced compression fracture of my lower back, surgically stabilized in spring 2021.
Would highly recommend these poles to anyone with a balance problem....
I really like the walking poles. They really relieve the pain in my knee and as a bonus, they relieve the nerve pain in my leg which is created by back problems.
Very easy to use. Extremely comfortable grip handles. I am recovering from a stroke and would highly recommend this product.
exceeded expectations easy to adjust comfortable hand holds strong
We want you to shop in comfort! If you buy something that you’d like to return, we offer a no hassle 30 day return policy with some exceptions.
There are a few items that can’t be returned;
- Clearance Items
- Gift Certificates
- Walkers/Wheelchairs/Rollators/Power Mobility
- Hospital Beds & Mattresses
- Lifts (Bath, Chair & Patient Lifts)
- Oxygen (Nebulizers, face masks, concentrators)
All other items can be returned if they are brand new & unopened. Due to the hygienic nature of most of products, once opened, most products cannot be returned.
For more details on our return policy, click here.