The Earth lift chair is a three position lift chair that, in addition to lifting in a conventional tilt forward manner, will lift vertically to allow side transfers to or from a bed. It comes standard with black incontinent proof upholstery and features four 3” casters for easy repositioning and transportation of users. With detachable armrests and should wings this chair makes side transfers a possibility for those who are unable to stand.
The Earth lift chair also features a vertical lift function where the entire chair will lift vertically 6” and the arms and shoulder wings can be removed for users who must, or prefer, a side transfer to and from the chair.
With a Wide/Tall size rating, this chair will accommodate people of wider widths and above average heights.
Suitable for users 5' 6" to 6' 3" tall (approximate based on average body proportions).
The Earth lift chair is a more institutional chair that has incontinent proof upholstery, vertical lift and removable arms. This chair also comes standard with 3" casters and a push bar to allow the chair to be used as a transport device for users who are unable to walk.
The 6" vertical lift on this chair allows caregivers to adjust the height of the chair to aid in transfers of users from a bed or a wheelchair.
The removable arms allow for side transfers into or out of the chair using siding transfer techniques in a seated or reclined position.
We only stock the Mars model in grey/blue incontinent upholstery and can ship orders the same day as ordered or the next business day for late orders as stock levels allow.
- Six inches of vertical height adjustment
- Three position recline
- Four 3" casters with 2 brake on the two back casters
- Push handle to facilitate patient transport
- Removable arms for side transfers
- Lounger style that fully supports the legs (no gap between footrest and seat)
- Removable back for easy handling
- Easy to use hand control
- Maximum seat elevation with superb stability in full lift position
- Wide construction provides greater side to side stability
- Top steel base for durability and cross supports
- Engineered bushings and washers at pivot points provide quiet smooth operation and durability
- Direct drive activation synchronizes right and left sides for easy opening
- Low voltage motor, 24 volt, UL approved
- Battery backup
Infinite Position Explanation
The Earth lift chair incorporates 2 motors which allow for infinite positioning by the user for maximum comfort and function.
An infinite position lift chair allows for total recline and independent function of the foot and back. The feet can be elevated without reclining the back, the back can be reclined without elevating the feet or the back can be partially reclined while the the feet are partially elevated. The options for positioning are infinite..
- 352 lbs (160 kg)
- Width: 20.7” (52.6 cm)
- Depth: 19.9” (50.5 cm)
- Back Height: 26.9” (68.3 cm)
- Seat Height: 21.1” (53.6 cm)
- Overall Width: 29.3” (74.4 cm)
- Overall Depth: 68.6” (174.2 cm)
- Overall Height (down): 45.2” (114.8 cm)
- Overall Height (raised): 58.5” (148.6 cm)
- Vertical height adjustment: 6" (15.2 cm)
The Earth Lift chair is shipped in a two boxes. Below are the dimensions and weights.
- Box 1 Dimensions: 34.7" x 30” x 28.4" (88 x 76.2 x 72cm)
- Box 1 Weight: 67 kgs
- Box 2 Dimensions: 31.1" x 28.8" x 15.4" (79 x 73 x 39 cm)
- Box 2 Weight: 11.8 kgs
Component Size (unpackaged)
- Base: 33.5” x 26.9” x 29.3” (85.1 x 68.4 x 74.4 cm)
- Back: 17” x 26.8” x 31.5” (43.2 x 66 x 80 cm)
The Earth Lift chair is a great product. The added feature of the 6 inch vertical height adjustment is the reason why I chose this recliner over any other in the catalogue. The 6 inch height adjustment does provide greater comfort to the person providing care by reducing the amount of awkward bending required when providing care in the recliner. I expected that the wings on the back rest of the chair would have been more substantial to assist with keeping the seated individual safely in the chair. This is not the case. If your client/patient/loved one has difficulty with torso control and is susceptible to leaning to the side, this chair is not a safe choice. If torso strength is good, and the user of the chair is capable of sitting upright without risk of falling off the side of the chair, then this is a great product!
We want you to shop in comfort! If you buy something that you’d like to return, we offer a no hassle 30 day return policy with some exceptions.
There are a few items that can’t be returned;
- Clearance Items
- Gift Certificates
- Walkers/Wheelchairs/Rollators/Power Mobility
- Hospital Beds & Mattresses
- Lifts (Bath, Chair & Patient Lifts)
- Oxygen (Nebulizers, face masks, concentrators)
All other items can be returned if they are brand new & unopened. Due to the hygienic nature of most of products, once opened, most products cannot be returned.
For more details on our return policy, click here.